Monday, April 7, 2014

Confessions of a Pregnant Fashionista

As you all know, I recently got engaged, and was very busy with figuring out when how and what dress I was gonna wear.  And very busy with my carreer, as I'm looking for a challenging job in the PR, fashion, communications or all of the above.
 
At MBFWA, wearing Sister Jane
Well... On the 5th of January I was truly surprised with a positive pregnancy test. I was in uther shock: I wasn't planning on having babies for at least two years! But after the shock came happiness and then a huge freak out if everything was ok with the little one...
 
So I've decided to include you in this crazy journey, telling you some of the things I go through, but still I will be blogging about fashion! Every now and then I will post a 'confessions of a pregnant fashionista' post, starting today!  
 
At MBFWA Vest: Sister Jane, Top and leather pants: H&M, Shoes: River Island, clutch: Mart Visser
Preggo at Fashion Week
Fashion week. Normally one of the hectic weeks in my life, especially because I'm reporting the shows for I AM Mode. And this time I found it so different. First of, I was scared that I would throw up on someone and second of all: what to wear?! I was sporting a tiny baby bump(in my opinion) and normally fashion week is the time to look skinny. Talking about skinny, Why the f*ck don't they serve food?! Before this wasn't a problem at all, because cigarettes and alcohol where doing it for me. Sigh. Well next year I can stick to my usual Fashion Week diet...;) Minus the cigarettes.

But one thing never changes at Fashion Week: as soon as the first model hits the runway, I forget that I'm tired and feeling sick, and I can simply enjoy fashion, as it should be. So baby's first fashion Week went well!

With my Fashion partner in crime, Çetin at MBFWA.
 

2 comments:

  1. A MASSIVE congratulations on both your recent engagement and your pregnancy :) X
    thefashion-junkie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, that's fantastic!!! I guess things will change for a while but on the bright side you'll have a little one you can dress!
    xo
    styleontheside.com

    ReplyDelete